Udskriv emne
Phuket Vegetarian FestivalSØN 15. okt. 2023 – tirs. 24. okt. 2023
pirat
#1 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 14-10-2023 08:31
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 713

Welcome to Thailand's most shocking festival, the Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2022 also known at the Nine Emperor Gods Festival. This was filmed over a couple of days and we had an absolute blast, super interesting piece of culture and we would recommend checking it out when you are in Phuket at the same time.

The Phuket Vegetarian Festival (or Nine Emperor Gods Festival) happens once a year, during the ninth lunar month, and is one of the most auspicious events on Phuket island. For this unique occasion, a crowd of devotees assemble in every Chinese shrine around the island, followed by an even bigger horde of photographers avid to get the shot of their life.

The Vegetarian Festival is an internationally known event, and while it also happens modestly in Bangkok around the same dates, it is mostly a Phuket event.

This film follows devotees as they undergo acts of body piercing with swords, knives and skewers during Phuket Vegetarian Festival to shift evil spirits away from individuals onto themselves, and bring good luck to the community.
The annual event in Phuket, Thailand lasts 9 days, during which entranced devotees undergo these sacred rituals. Ritual Vegetarianism in Phuket dates back to 1825 and the tradition involves abstaining from meat, alcohol and sex to purify the mind and body.

Til forsiden  Til toppen  Til bunden
pirat
#2 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 17-10-2023 14:39
Bruger avatar

Bruger

17. okt. 2023 #Phuket #Vegetarian #Thailand
The Phuket Vegetarian Festival kicked off yesterday with the traditional ceremony of raising the Go Teng poles at each participating shrine. The act is a symbolic invitation to the Jade Emperor and the Nine Emperor Gods to descend from the heavens and spend the subsequent nine days on Earth.

pirat
#3 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 18-10-2023 15:21
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Join The Pattaya News on a tour of the Vegetarian Festival in Pattaya/Naklua! Running until early next week

thai
#4 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 21-10-2023 11:00
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 3443

Tradition med at spise grøntsager Eller hvad Phuket folk kalder "Jia Chai", det menes at stamme fra Ban Nai Thu eller Lai Thu (nutidens Kathu District), fordi dette område tidligere var fyldt med minedrift.

Som et resultat var der kinesiske immigranter, der strømmede til for at bo der. Et stort kinesisk samfund blev født. I dag er det en tradition at spise grøntsager.

Det betragtes som et vigtigt salgsargument for turismen. For Phuket-provinsen Bortset fra det blå hav og hvid sandstrand Det bliver i oktober.

Som starter fra den 1. dag i den voksende måne i den 9. måned til den 9. dag i den voksende måne i den 9. måned ifølge den kinesiske kalender.

thai
#5 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 23-10-2023 02:34
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 3443

Iw Keng (Phra-parade rundt i byen)⎮ Aam Jui Tui Tao Bo Keng⎮Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2023⎮Phuket Vegetarian Festival 2023

nej
#6 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 24-10-2023 03:53
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 308

Join us on a tour of the Vegetarian Festival in Pattaya/Naklua! Running until early next week!

IT
#7 Udskriv indlæg
Skrevet d. 25-10-2023 04:01
Bruger avatar

Bruger

Antal indlæg: 1752

Today, October 24th, was the last day of the Phuket Vegetarian Festival. I have been watching this event for the past 20 years. With a strict vegetarian diet, street procession, and striking visual of self-mutilation including body piercing and religious rituals to purify body and mind.

The event never fails to fascinate with its unique spectacle and appeal that attract visitors from every corner of the world. The festival has its origins in China and is dedicated to the Nine Emperor Gods in the Taoist dogma. It was brought over to Thailand by a Chinese opera troupe in 1825.

Legend has it that the troupe came over at the invitation of the local Chinese migrant population but fell ill from a malaria epidemic. In hope of finding a cure, the Chinese opera troupe started and led the locals to abstain from eating meat and prayed to the Jade Emperor God and the Nine Emperor
Gods for 9 days and 9 nights, as they used to practice during the ninth Chinese lunar month when they were in China. Since then, this has become an annual event.

Isan is the poorest region of Thailand: in 2002 average wages were the ... Isan (Isan/Thai: อีสาน; also written as Isaan, Isarn, Issan, ...
Gå til debat:

Lignende tråde

Emne Forum Svar Nyeste indlæg
PHUKET XTRA / The Thaiger Nyheder fra Phuket 2215 02-05-2024 15:50
Discover the New Jungceylon in Phuket! Amazing Phuket 1 29-04-2024 18:40
PHUKET BIKE WEEK 2024 Nyheder fra Phuket 4 23-04-2024 11:27
Phuket in 180 seconds Foto/videoer: Fra Phuket 3 09-04-2024 16:45
Thailand: 10 million people suffer pollution-related illnesses in 2023 | BBC News Hele Thailand 1 10-03-2024 09:35

Alt indhold på denne side er Copyright @ copy 2009 Thai DK Debat Forum Alle rettigheder forbeholdes Siden er optimeret til 1024 * 768